Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why cold is better than warm.

I just had an argument at work with someone about how they hate Minnesota because of the cold and wished they lived somewhere where it was hot year round. Freezing cold winters aren't fun, I agree, but you gotta look at it from all sides here. I have a three part argument on why hot climates suck.

I. Clothes

The title is misleading, because I am obviously an advocate of the less clothes the better. There is just something about short shorts and a tank top that make girls' faces look so much prettier and their personalities much brighter, but I can't quite put my finger on it... But that isn't the point of my argument. When it's hot, you take clothes off to cool down. But what happens when you get to the bare minimum? You are out of things to take off! Once it gets to that point, you have to start putting clothes back on to combat the heat, and that's just a paradox. But when it's cold, you put more clothes on. And when you are still cold, you put more clothes on. And if you are still cold after that, you put more clothes on. You can always put more clothes on, but you can only take off so much.

II. Bugs and shit

In Minnesota, we have mosquitoes, flies, smallish bugs, and a few snakes. Those are annoying, no doubt, and in fact, I find even those small spiders and centipedes terrifyingly creepy. But if you live down South, you better be OK waking up with this, this, and this in your house or yard. And if you go swimming (coasts), you better watch out for this. Or if you are inland, watch out for these bastards. So, when you are freezing your figurative (or literal) balls off walking to class in -20 degree weather next January, think about this: the only living things in Minnesota that can kill you are other human beings. I mean, unless you find a mosquito with some awesome disease, but that's beside the point.

III. It builds character!!!

Turns out I only had two real points, so I am going to throw this one in there. But that doesn't make it any less true!

EDIT - I decided I will write a draft review rather than preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgNnL1rB9NI


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjdkc14-zwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8x36DSPNI

Three awesome songs. And I credit all of them to Kevin Bonnema.

No comments:

Post a Comment