Saturday, June 18, 2011

Payday is the best day.

It's Friday! Well, technically it's Saturday, but it's my Friday. That means I get to celebrate the best day of the bi-weekly calendar. Two weeks of blood, sweat, and, well I guess a bit of slacking, finally pay off. Everything I have slaved for over the last two weeks no longer feels like slavery, but an actual job.

While most people may go on a spending spree with a new paycheck, I, on the other hand, put it straight into the bank. I like to think I am fairly fiscally responsible and financially literate. I live by the motto "a penny saved is a penny earned." I call it smart, not stingy. And when I see a nickel on the sidewalk, you can bet your damn boots I am gonna pick it up and put it in my piggie bank (actually it's shaped like a giant Tootsie Roll).

I mean, if I don't save my money now, how am I going to drink and travel in Europe for four months (well, I guess I need to eat and stuff too)??? For this summer, I have adjusted my motto to "a penny saved is a penny I can put toward buying a beautiful Danish woman a drink next fall".

So while paychecks are awesome and all, but I am trying my best to save the rewards to be reaped at a later date. Out for lunch now <<< drinks at a bar with a hot European date. It's simple mathematics, just ask Mos Def. Don't worry, that doesn't count as one of my two songs for the night, it is just me thinking I am clever. Typical.

The second best thing about payday, behind getting paid, is that it signals the long-awaited weekend. And this weekend will be dandy. It's gonna start tomorrow afternoon with some throwback ping-pong. Brent Scheopf, Kevin McGuire, Andrew Benson, Joe Pekarna, and Jeff Theismann will hope to avoid the business end of my paddle. Some of St. Cloud's best reconvene around the ping-pong gridiron in what promises to be nothing less than an epic display of table tennis prowess. Results will be posted at a later date. I promise not to lie to make my results sound better than they actually were too much.

Also on the weekend agenda is Father's Day. No, you probably don't need to buy your dad anything like you do on Mother's Day because men don't dig that stupid sentimental shit like that, but you should probably grill steaks or something. Maybe split a 6-pack (or 12 or 24 depending on your family's culture) and watch the Twins game. I don't really care what you do, but I personally will be offended if you don't show pops some love on on of the two days of the entire year that the wife can't nag at him.


iTunes update: 1290. I've been lazy lately, I gotta get back on my horse.


Speaking of horses, enjoy this song by the greatest rapper alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CaEupYr_Z0


Still speaking of horses, enjoy this song by the greatest band of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwwCWkmYoc

And since it's the weekend, I'll throw in a nice calming song for the hell of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMrd5ikoaIs


LinkHave yourselves a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment