Saturday, June 11, 2011

Super 8 is epic.

I don't mean epic in the lame nerd definition of the word. I mean epic as it's dictionary definition, like heroic, majestic, impressively great. I went to it out of spontaneity with a friend, and had no clue what it was about going in, with a completely open mind. I came out of it with a completely blown mind. If everything awesome that has ever happened in a movie had a baby with everything that was ever corny or cliche that happened in a movie. Any cinematic element you can think of was in this movie. It was action-packed. It was touching. It was suspenseful. It was awesomely sci-fi. There was an unhealthy amount of theatrical knowledge involved in the production of Super 8. The child actors in this movie were unbelievable. The special effects were awe-inspiring. It was, quite simply, epic.

I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in a long time, yet I still have mixed feelings on it. I think it was too much for me. I don't know if I can handle that level of cinema. I may not be sophisticated enough to like this movie as much as I should. Maybe none of this makes sense. Either way, if anyone reads this review, you ought to watch this movie in theaters. I was just trying to write my thoughts down on this movie to see if I could figure out my opinion. I have to sleep on this one. I will leave you with a song, good night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkOEBFYO4_Q


EDIT - After a day to try and gather my thoughts about this movie, my effort was all for naught, because I still have no idea how to summarize my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment