- 1:23pm: I arise from an 11 hour slumber. My first move is to roll over and call my mom and ask when they are getting home. Not til around 6 or 7, she says. Neat, nothing better than a house to yourself on a family "holiday".
- 1:30pm: I finish my shower, brush my teeth, and get dressed. The best thing about being home alone is "getting dressed" has loose standards. Today I chose just a pair of basketball shorts, it was a conservative decision, aided by the fact the neighbors have their entire family over, so my typical home alone outfit would have been a little scandalous.
- 1:45pm: This is normally a little early for my breakfast, but I was hungry this morning. Eggos are delicious.
- 1:55pm: It doesn't take long for me to migrate to my "kickin' it" spot, which is the man chair in the living room, with the TV on and my laptop up. Gotta love afternoon baseball, so I turn on the Twins. Also, gotta love playing the Padres.
- 3:07pm: I had one helluva sneeze, just about knocked me out (sadly this is noteworthy).
- 6:00pm: I moved. Briefly.
- 6:15pm: I'm out of things to watch. The Twins won in walk-off fashion. Rory destroyed the US Open. Time to flip through the channels.
- 6:16pm: WNBA basketball on FSN. Lol. I will just watch college baseball.
- 6:30pm: Family gets home.
As you can see, I take full advantage of down time. I am very productive, and even had time to write a lengthy running blog! (Also, I may be exaggerating a bit, as I did get up somewhere in the middle to try and play Xbox, but the video cord didn't work, and I didn't feel like trying to fix it, so I promptly returned back to the man chair.) Turns out my life is too boring for a running blog. Whodathunk it?
Sunday signals the eve of the new week. The new week means 45 more long hours of work before the weekend. I could be disappointed or upset about this, but I choose to focus on the positives, like my 14-day Dota ban which expires at midnight WOOOOOO!!! Now, all the time I would be spending on fixing my iTunes and reading will all be spent playing a stupid video game that I am barely above average at. Is this a good thing? Hell no. Am I going to do something about it? Hell no. Do I regret it? Hell no. In fact, I am counting down the minutes til I can spend more time wasting time. T-minus 151 minutes as I type this sentence...
Anyway, this is really funny.
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8458/davidthorne.jpg
Here's a few good songs to start the week with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgnYBOxEz0&feature=player_embedded#at=85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPxoVQiIGo
Everyone already knows the second song, but it's awesome and I don't think I've posted it yet. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment