Friday, June 24, 2011

I met the girl of my dreams last night.

She may have been in my dreams, but now I know what she looks like! I know what I'm looking for. If anyone cares, we went on a date to a museum. The cool thing was that the museum was outside in the wilderness, and we saw a grizzly bear. Then we looked deep into each other's eyes in the rain.

And then I woke up.

I don't like I've ever woke up at a worse time in a dream in my entire life. It's never good to start out the day mad, so after the initial animosity, I realized it was Friday. This is enough to turn around the darkest of moods. Hopefully I meet this lovely lady again in the future.


So anyway, my NBA Draft review. Ladies, it's probably OK to stop reading now.

To sum it up, I hate David Kahn a lot. Here is an excerpt of a Bill Simmons article summarizing Kahn's two years as GM:

"A quick recap of Kahn's 24 months in charge: his Timberwolves lost 132 of 164 games; he used the fifth and sixth picks in the 2009 draft to take a Spanish guard who couldn't come over for two years and a point guard who bombed so badly that he's probably getting traded tonight; he drafted three point guards in 2009 and three small forwards in 2010; he locked down a center combo of Nik Pekovic and Darko Milicic for a measly $9.3 million a year; he gave Ramon Sessions $16 million over four years, decided he didn't like Sessions, dumped him in a trade, then gave the exact same deal to Luke Ridnour (who didn't deserve it either); he starred in a YouTube clip called "Chris Webber Clowns Incompetent GM David Kahn"; he whiffed on Steph Curry and DeMarcus Cousins in back-to-back drafts; and he hired and fired a head coach. Other than that, things went pretty well.2"

There's room for improvement.

Derrick Williams is an obvious pick and he's going to be a stud. But after that, we did nothing but trade down, and down, and down. LinkWe passed twice on what seemed like an obvious choice (Marshon Brooks. But we did pick up a future 1st and got rid of Johnny Flynn, both positives. Kahn sold a lot of second round picks we received in trades, hopefully money he plans on using on a Brad Miller buy out.

Overall, I thought we deserve a B-. We made a few good moves, and a few poor moves (in my not-so-expert opinion). It wasn't the typical Minnesota draft debacle. Hopefully Davie is working on a few trades, otherwise we have quite the clusterfuck at the forward position. We could throw out an entire lineup with 3's and 4's (Beasley, Wes, Love, Williams, Tolliver). Some moves have to be made. One of these years, the Wolves will get a good player at a position they aren't already loaded at...

Tunes. The first link is a mixtape download. I highly recommend it. The dude is a poet.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/skyzoo-great-debater/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoW3bqnr7tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOGnQpYWmM

I will be spending this weekend at a family gathering, I will try to contain my excitement. I hope you all make the best of your free time as well, and if you don't have weekends off... suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment