Thursday, June 16, 2011

When it comes to days, you can't win 'em all.

Have you ever had a day at work so incredibly shitty that when you got home you took a bottle of Captain into the shower with you?

Until tonight, I hadn't either. I don't want to get into extreme details because, ya know, e'erbody got problems, but to sum it up I got soaked from the shoulders down in paint thinner and got yelled at by a truck driver and my boss for something I had no involvement in. While tonight sucked a lot, it got me thinking about something: a bad attitude spreads like wild fire, one person can really ruin a day for everyone else.

Being mad sucks. When you are mad, you aren't happy. When you are mad, it's pretty hard for people around you to be happy. It's a no-win situation. Why do we need to feel the need to bring ourselves and others down? If there is one kind of people I can't stand, it's people who are always angry or always in a bad mood. I try as much as possible to not surround myself with anyone like this.

You left your lights on and your car battery is dead, get over it, it isn't the end of the world. Your professor gave you a half a letter grade lower than you thought you deserved, who cares, get over it. You got your ass kicked at work, it happens, get over it.

When you let yourself get down over small shit, life isn't great. Personally, I want my life to be as great as possible in every aspect, so in order for this to happen, I try and limit my "mad time" (there are a few situations where being mad is acceptable and I don't count those as mad time, i.e. a video game beat down, Kevin when he loses a four pound bass just as he is about to pull it in the boat, sucker).

I have a proposition to make. From the time you read this, make a conscious effort the next day to be as joyful as possible, even in the shittiest situations. When you see someone who is in a bad mood, try to cheer them up. Make the best of every situation.

Obviously it isn't possible to be happy all the time. Your basic human emotions win out in most situations. That being said, there is always room for improvement. With simple conditioning, the human mind can literally do anything, so let's condition our mind to avoid bad moods, and let us all be happier people.
Link
This is something I need to personally work on. No longer will I let work get to me like it did tonight, and I will do my best to always keep my composure. It will all work out in the end. So tonight, I will drift to sleep to the enlightened words of the best rapper alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O3q5veXTxE

Good night all, I hope everyone has a happy day.




iTunes update: 1112 songs. Slowly but surely...


The fact that the new version of this song is so popular on the radio is a shame. Long live rock n' roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5GXbk58R0

Aaaaaaaannnnnd one more song for good measure. And because Kardi rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo2EOai3CF4

No comments:

Post a Comment