
Being that I am a middle-class white dude from Minnesota, you would think I fish more than I do. I fish infrequently to say the least. A few times in a summer is a good summer. But I do love to fish. In fact, I love to fish despite the fact that I am a terrible fisherman. You wouldn't be out of line to say that I do things better than fishing, and apparently, I am no Randy Moss (see, above). Just today, I tangled a line, lost a hook to a dock, almost hit Kevin in the face with a cast, dropped my rod mid-cast and threw it in the lake, and had a treble hook and inch deep into my hand (which took a few minutes to remove surgically via fishing pliers and some dirt). I wasn't kidding when I said my fishing skills lack. Give Peter a fish and he eats for a day, teach Peter to fish and he still won't catch shit (please forgive the lame third person usage). So what happens when you pin angling ineptitude against the first born son of the fishing legend himself, the one, the only, the Minnesotan Ahab, Scott Bonnema? Nothing really exciting. Kevin caught a bunch of bass, I caught a few pike. Kevin had a monster bass that he almost got all the way into the boat. He was like super close to almost catching a mega fish, like for realz. It was so close that you could almost taste it. Luckily, Kevin is such a good fisherman that this didn't phase him. It takes more than to throw the emperor off his groove. He hauled in a 7-ounce monster only minutes later. There are plenty of bass in the lake, Kevin, but that was the one that got away...
One of my northerns was pretty big. It was neat, especially for someone who doesn't catch many fish, much less ones with any size to them. Kevin took a picture, but I don't know how to put it onto this blog yet. As you can tell from my last post, I am not the most tech-savvy person around. But anyway, it is on Facebook if you actually care. The only thing that matters is that I beat Kevin in his own game! A stopped clock is right twice a day, and I can catch a fish once in awhile. Anything is possible. In a few weeks we will return to our maritime grind iron, with presumably Andrew Meder and Ryan Schmidtman (unless he is 99% sure, which means he is gonna flake like he ran out of Head & Shoulders). I will probably have a better recap of that trip, as I will have more competitors to kill, which means more bragging rights and better/more exaggerated stories.
But anyway, fishing is cool and all, but Lebron losing is super awesome. That is all that I really cared about during this day. I will digress from this subject though, as I may start an hour long rant.
Good night friends and followers. End your night tonight with the first song, and make sure you start your day tomorrow with the second (or vice-versa, it works either way). You won't have a bad day if you do, I am 99% sure of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW32D_Y4Bhg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI2IJ9FBb-Y
No comments:
Post a Comment