Monday, July 18, 2011

This is what happens when I stay up late watching educational television

So I was talking to one of the three people who actually read my blog tonight and they were wondering why I don't update my blog as much anymore. My initial reaction was that I just haven't really been inspired lately, and from inspiration I derive my motivation. It was a seemingly legit excuse, I mean you can't write if you don't have anything to write about, right? I mean, I have essentially done that for my last few posts, but you get the point. So I kind of put that conversation behind me and went back to the national young male adult past time - bullshitting for countless hours on the internet. I got bored of this a short time later and my mind drifted back to this blog and the loyal reader who asked why there isn't as much to read. As a man with an admittedly above average ego, I don't like to be wrong in any circumstance, but I do try and call myself when I'm being arrogant or ignorant to my flaws. This took some doing to realize the real reason behind my lack of posting. After some soul searching, it turns out I just got lazy. When I saw the topics of my older posts, I really didn't have much of an idea what I was going to write about when I started, I just decided that I felt like writing something, so I came up with a quick premise of something that came to mind. I did that for three weeks pretty consistently. What happened to that consistency? I dunno, I guess I just got lazy. The lack of inspiration was simply justification that my ego subconsciously came up with to defend myself. It's not because I just stopped finding inspiration, it's because I stopped trying.

So from here the question is will I get back to my consistent ways? The answer is quite anti-climatic. Nah, I probably won't. I ain't no writer, I'm a bored college kid who needed a hobby! I'll write when I god damn well please to! I don't really do that whole artificial motivation thing.

But while I'm here, I actually want to write about something.

How cool is Egypt? The place is just loaded with history. They built pyramids so awesome that they are standing millenniums later and we still don't know how they were able to build it. Why do I bring this up? To talk about mummies. I'm watching this documentary on the final secrets of King Tut, and my mind is blown. They spent a million dollars to get Tut out of his tomb and into a CAT scan that they put right outside it, hoping that it would provide evidence of how he was killed. Dude was all fudged up. He's got a coin sized hole in his head, fractures all over his body, a severely impacted wisdom tooth, and my favorite part, no rib cage or sternum. How did he die? So many possibilities! Turns out he probably just wrecked his leg in either a battle or a crash and then died from fever a few days later. It's not quite the awesome murder mystery that some people believe, but either way, it's pretty neat that they can figure out how someone died three thousand years ago with forensics.

They can use CAT scan imaging to show what he would have looked like. They gave the images to two different artists, one of which didn't even know it was King Tut, and had them reconstruct his face. I can't get over this stuff. So cool.

History is da bomb. If only the History channel still showed history shows...


TUNES!!! Today is a special day. This is a tribute to female rockers. The chicks of class rock.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7JVxE2SYxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP5mhBsTURo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhNrrrCCTdA

No comments:

Post a Comment