Well the first day in Copenhagen was an eventful one. I got up at 7:28am to get on a train that leaves around 7:45am, so needless to say I got there 5 minutes early. I sat forever in an orientation. I walked forever around the city in a small group. I drank beer on a beautiful patio in the sunset. I love this city.
I'm not gonna say the first night in Copenhagen was eventful though, because that word does not do it justice. My semantic ability can do better than that, so I'm gonna go with frickin NUTS! The details aren't really necessary to get the picture (actually they just aren't suitable for public knowledge), but I'll give a reader's digest version. We went out to some bars, played some games, met some friends, and walked around the city for an hour. We lost track of time and missed the last train home til the morning trains started at 4:45am. It was almost a blessing in disguise, because we just bought a bunch of Red Bull and walked around town and hung out with random Danes we met on the street. We got to venture out way over to Christiania and still made it back for the 4:45am train. I didn't get into bed until 5:30am, but I wasn't concerned since I didn't have to be back in Copenhagen til 3:15pm. It's nearly needless to say, but obviously I overslept and missed the one mandatory thing I had to do all day. So I effectively wasted an entire day, but it was more than worth it.
Now I just gotta get a decent night's sleep so I can wake up at 7am and get my visa. But as soon as that's over, I'm going to IKEA. It's gonna be awesome. So good afternoon, America, I'll see you later.
PS - Instead of saying hold the star key to unlock the phone, it says "long press". I love literal translations.
No comments:
Post a Comment