Sunday, August 21, 2011

Why hello, Denmark, nice to meet you.

So I kinda am moved in into Denmark. My bags are still full with all my clothes sitting open on the floor, but I guess that's no different from how I live at home, so I can deal with that. There isn't a dresser in my room either. I will have to figure out how to best store my clothes. I have a closet with a few hangers, but there aren't drawers in a closet. But no worries, my Future Problem Solvers background will guide me through this predicament. The bed is tiny and not comfortable, and there is only one pillow. Luckily, I'm in Scandinavia so I can just hop on over to the greatest store of all time (IKEA) and invest in a pillow or two and some silk sheets - boom! I could also use a poster, my walls are depressingly white. Overall, it's definitely tolerable, I just need to add a little personal touch to make it seem like I'm not living in a hotel for four months.

I am kind of regretting not living with a host family, though. I'm glad I get to live with other students and stuff, but there is that whole providing my own food aspect. I have to shop and cook or buy all my meals. I got here on a Sunday, and the grocery stores weren't open so I never got to shop so I have nothing to cook for myself. So it's almost 5am and I haven't eaten since lunch time and there is no means of me feeding myself. Woe is me, right? The guy spending four months in Europe has problems, everyone feel pity.

Why am I up at this hour you ask? Great question. I'm all sorts of jet lagged. I have no sense of time right now. I got here at like 3pm, had a few beers, and passed out before 8pm because I hadn't slept in over 40 hours. I woke up at 10pm to find a party out in my living room. I tried to join them, but within 10 minutes I found myself zonked out on my bed again. So I woke up at 3am again, still exhausted but couldn't really sleep. So I've just putzin' around my room trying to clean and stuff for awhile, and just wasting time on the internet. I'm really good at wasting time on the internet.

So after I cross off food, IKEA, and sleeping off my to-do list, there will be really only one thing left that I need to do, make friends! I don't have any yet, but that's OK. I met some cool people on the flight over, but they don't live near me. There are two girls from GAC here, but they don't live near me. I don't have a cell phone yet, so I just need to solve that problem and then I can start keeping the friends I make! Hip hip!



Tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-44JK8moSzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBAd6I4nfDk


No comments:

Post a Comment