Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer fun

This summer, I have gotten a pretty sufficient tour of bumfuck no where Minnesota, and in typical rural fashion, they were all accompanied with plenty of beer. I've been to Mantorville. I've been to Spicer. I've been to Zimmerman. I've been to St. James (dangerously close to the Iowa border). I'm going to Bay Lake. This list is has some pretty awesome drinking destinations, accompanied with some pretty awesome friends and family. But I'm blastin off across the pond in 9 days, away from small town Minnesota and off to big city Europe. It's gonna be frickin sweet, I can't wait. But I just want to take this time to reflect on and give a shout out to not only the best small town in the world, but the best college in the world: THE Gustavus Adolphus College.


I would love to leave my Gusties with a few words of wisdom for when I'm gone (for self-esteem reasons, I will pretend people will notice my absence), so pardon my schpeel.

I feel like being in a fraternity or sorority at Gustavus is almost redundant, since we are that great of a community already. I hope the young Gusties are this way as well. Help them along this path.

Arborview is a long ass way from campus. Definitely bringing a bicycle.

On a related note, Kevin Bonnema and I are started a bicycle gang (like the ones with peddles) in the spring. Recruiting starts immediately. All interested parties, text one of us with the codeword for more information.

I know the Princeton Review came out with that whole Stone-Cold sober thing about Gusties. I know we belong no where near that list. But let's not go overboard trying to prove them wrong. I want my college to stay in tact. And what is even more important, DON'T make any stupid jokes about that review trying to be clever, because it's already hammered into the ground. Anytime I see it mentioned in a Facebook status from now on, I will punch something soft as to not hurt my hand, yet still express my anger in a physical outburst. It's about as cliche as a Biggie remix/mashup.

I have more things to write about, but I'm really tired and need to sleep. I got distracted by reruns of X Games BMX street competition. This stuff is nuts. I'll edit this later with my other shtuff.


OVER A WEEK LATER EDIT - I completely forgot about this and forgot what I was gonna write about. This will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment