Well, I'm leaving Europe in eleven days. Time really flies. After every semester I always think "Damn, thought this just started", but this time I'm convinced it did just start. I've done so much the past four months, yet so little. I've been places and lived on my own in a foreign country, but this semester was quite easy academically. I've mastered the art of figuring out public transportation in any country, but the art of studying is long removed from my memory. It's about time to start preparing myself for some reverse culture shock. Back to a country where every woman isn't pretty, where the weather will be colder, and where I can't legally drink. I'm gonna miss Europe a lot, especially Copenhagen. That being said, at home there is family, my dog, the Cloudians, GAC, driving, Taco Bell, real Mountain Dew, video games, and having my god damn groceries bagged for me. And I can't wait to go to McDonalds and get a McDouble for a dollar rather than a single cheeseburger for two.
Leaving is going to be bitter sweet. It's going to be incredibly bitter upon my departure and incredibly sweet when I land in Minnesota. It may even be sweeter when I get Taco Bell on the way home. But I came up with a plan to avoid the stress and sadness of leaving that I know will build up as the week goes on, since basically everything from here on out it "the last ______ in Denmark". I am just gonna take a few hours, sit around in a circle with all my friends and talk about all the fun shit we did this semester and all the memories we are going to take with us. Instead of panicking about having not done enough in my limited time abroad, remembering all the things I did do will be therapeutic.
When one chapter ends, another begins.
/endsappyshit
In more important news, I'm officially hooked on The Wire. I urge you, no I implore you, not to start it if you have anything important that needs to get done in the next 3+ weeks. It is only something that should be picked up if you literally don't have a thing to do, which is why I picked it up last week. While most people struggle over finals, I sit back, put my feet up, and throw one back for all my fallen comrades (or just mentally defeated) around the Midwest. You folk ought not to start it. It's more of a J-Term activity.
Anyway, I'm going to Germany to hang out with an old high school foreign exchange friend of mine, Jens the Germ. We're gonna check out a Bundesliga game, and hopefully I can learn how to drive a stick and hit the autobon because if there is one more thing I need to do before I go home it is to recklessly driving a car at dangerous speeds in a car I will not be familiar with in a country where I cannot read the signs. It's the responsible play. I only have one final before I am completely free of work and only have to worry about relaxing for my last 10 days in Europe. Twill be glorious. Tuesday night will not be a cozy night in, that's for sure.
I will chime in before I depart. Peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIqEq9OFxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx1ee_6fH60
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa4wR4G-5eE&ob=av2e
No comments:
Post a Comment