My last trip before I am homeward bound was nearly a disaster. Like a crash and burn disaster. Or like a "MAYDAY MAYDAY" disaster. Or like this guy's marriage. All of these are good analogies. Between sleeping through my 6am alarm, almost puking on the ferry from Denmark to Germany, and missing the Bundesliga game I had tickets for, I really dropped the ball. First of all, whomever thought it was a good idea to plan on getting on a 7:45am train on a Saturday morning was an acceptable idea is a real oblivious son of a gun (yeah, that one was on me). Secondly, I was never made aware of the ferry between Denmark and Germany. Being hungover on a small ship in the open ocean is a recipe for a seasick disaster. Thirdly, how did I manage to screw up a chance to go to a game between two of the top teams in Germany?
Oh well, I guess. I made it to Damme either way. I've been doing nothing but playing video games, drinking beer, and sleeping all week. I've literally played NHL with Jens (my friend and host) for 12+ hours the last three days. This has been the perfect way to relax and recover before my long journey home. Tomorrow, it's back on the railway to Copenhagen for one last night in Europe before I get on a long flight back home. It's really bitter sweet, and I'm getting all sentimental about now. I've gotta stop myself before I get all sappy like my last post.
I looked at all my classes for next semester, and when you get deep into your major classes, it's pretty awesome that you get most of the same people in your classes. There is friends in every class, and you know pretty much everyone. This semester is the first time that I basically have the same general group in all of my classes, it's gonna make studying a lot easier, Bart Scott. Plus, I only have three real classes + choir, badminton, and yoga. Spring semester has some potential to be pretty awesome this year.
Anyway, this is my last post in Europe. My next one will be written state-side, and hopefully they will stop being me bragging about cool adventures I'm having and more about what I intended this blog to be originally. I have been pretty bad at posting this semester, and hopefully I can increase my output soon. That being said, I plan on starting another project or two in the near future, so my activity on here may not see the surge I am hoping for. Here is some music. All of these are awesome songs off a few of my favorite new albums (and mixtapes) of 2011. Enjoy and see you soon.
Run Right Back - The Black Keys (El Camino)
Rigamortis - Kendrick Lamar (Section.80)
Homeboy - Eric Church (Chief)
Outside - Childish Gambino (CAMP)
HAM - Kanye West & Jay-Z (Watch The Throne)
Mind of Logic - Logic (Young Sinatra)
Strawberry Swing - Frank Ocean (Nostalgia, Ultra)
The Wilhelm Scream - James Blake (James Blake)
American Rapstar - Big K.R.I.T. (Return of 4eva)
Song For An Actress - Hoodie Allen (Leap Year)
No comments:
Post a Comment