I just returned from a few nights away from internet and Copenhagen. We had this study tour thingy where we visited businesses and banks, and while it was great fun and involved lots of alcohol, I learned lots! First, we went to Nordea Markets, which is some big investment bank. The main thing I took from this is that investment bankers are scum. The presentation consisted of the guy bitching about hating his job and how everyone he works with is an asshole who competes with everyone else to see who can have the hottest wife and nicest car (I might have paraphrased/took a few artistic liberties for the sake of storytelling). That was before he told us about all his early twenties co-workers who all got 2000% bonuses last year. You are the root of all financial evil, presenter man.
After we went to SaxoBank, which is some giant bank as well. I don't remember the last time I've been so bored. That place sucked. I don't even want to write about it.
Then we went canoeing and got to our hostel. We drank lots. On a related note, going to Europe was the greatest thing that has ever happened to my beer drinking ability.
We got up at 6am the next day to go to Bang & Olufsen, which if you don't know about it, look it up. It's rated the 5th coolest company in the entire world, ahead of Apple. I saw a 103-inch TV. It was nuts. After this trip, we went to the cheese caves. Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. The entire situation of it is pure comedy to me. We spent all morning at the headquarters of some super high end company, all wearing business attire (which means girls wearing heels), and went straight to a cave, where we walked around on incredibly janky paths for like two hours on the way to this theater in the cave that plays movies on the walls of the cave over an underground lake and a storage room containing 300 TONS of cheese. So just to reiterate to preemptively combat any potential miscommunication, we had 30 Americans in formal attire in a cave in Western bumfuck Denmark trying to climb around a giant limestone cave on our way to a room filled with hundreds of tons of cheese. I personally find that entire scenario to be completely hilarious. I hope I'm not alone. But then we went to a hostel, out to some bars, and sang karaoke with Danes all night.
You know you are taking a great class when you get to go on a field trip to a brewery to do some major beer tasting with your professors. Just another part of my weekend.
So anyway, now that the whole boring story part of the weekend is out of the way, I want to share a list of lessons learned, in a randomly assigned order. So for those of you who braved through all that rabblerabblerabble, here we go.
1. Always take the scenic route.
2. Sleep is a waste of time that could be spent on seeing awesome things and meeting cool people. Starting my bare minimum sleep cycle immediately.
3. Beer is great. Cheap beer is greater. These two elements united is greater than the sum of its parts.
4. Since they don't really have Mountain Dew in Denmark (whenever you can find it it isn't real good), I initially felt bad about replacing my regular every day Dew consumption with beer, but after some deep thinking, it is definitely more healthy.
5. The financial industry is full of scum bags who would ruin the world for an extra bonus (apologies to anyone's family if this is directed at them, I generalize).
6. I had a professor tell me today that when he goes to bars he leaves his drink open when he goes to the bathroom because he has a twisted dream of getting roofied. I don't ever want to get roofied obviously, but someone I was able to derive a lesson from this, and that is to live life on the wild side. It is super cliche, but I am gonna extrapolate this from the roofie story and apply it here.
7. If you aren't good at Sudoku, you probably won't be good at them after you've been drinking.
8. I hope whoever karaoke is sitting on their own private beach in the Caribbean with a cold beer and a beautiful woman right now, because they deserve it.
9. I wish the exact same for whomever decided to put a 3rd and 4th wheels on the rolling suitcase.
10. If you have karaoke and don't have "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen, the Miller High Life guy should confiscate your machine.
I might add more later if I can remember all the others I meant to write. Peace out. Tunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6Chrd6QPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM&ob=av3e
No comments:
Post a Comment